There shall be a Standing Public Relations and Publicity Committee of the Association consisting of the following:
- Director: To be unanimously selected (failing thereby to be elected) by the Executive Council amongst the Members of the Executive Council.
- Members – 6
- (a) Nominated Members (3): Nominated by the Executive Council amongst the Members of the General Body having rich experience in public relations.
- (b) Co-opted Members (2): The Director of the Standing Public Relations and Publicity Committee may co-opt maximum two experts, if necessary and it has as to be ratified by the executive council.
- (c) Ex-officio Member (1): The Secretary or Joint Secretary of the Association.
- Convener: Convener is a full time professional with expertise in the relevant field of the Committee to be selected by Selection Committee Chaired by the Director and same may be approved by the Executive Council and will have no right for casting a Vote.
- All proposals relating to Public Relations and Publicity of the Association shall be referred to the Standing Public Relations and Publicity Committee, which shall consider them and make its recommendation thereon to the Executive Council.
- Term of Office of nominated members of Committee shall be co-terminus with the term of the Executive Council but shall not exceed three years. An outgoing member shall be eligible for re-nomination. No proceedings of any Committees shall be invalid for the reason of lack of nomination/vacancy in the Committee.
POWERS OF THE STANDING PUBLIC RELATIONS AND PUBLICITY COMMITTEE
- The Standing Public Relations and Publicity Committee shall have general jurisdiction of all Public Relations and Publicity of the Association.
- The Committee shall have authority to do and exercise all the powers, acts and deeds for the planning, executing and developing very fine public relations with all Yoga Institutions, media, other Governmental departments, etc. and give wide content publicity of the Association and its branches whether within or outside India consistent with the aim and objectives of the Association, as set forth in the Memorandum of Association.
- The Standing Public Relations and Publicity Committee can recommend to the Executive Council to make such changes in the bye-laws of the Association as they shall think essential for the regulation of the Public Relations and Publicity aspects of the Association and in particular with reference to (i) the spokesman of the association while dealing with different policies, decisions, etc of the Association (ii) give adequate Publicity to contents of Yoga which could be very beneficial to the public at large in promoting health, development of moral and ethical values in the society, total development of personality, peace and harmony through Yoga (iii) giving guidance for the publicity material to media to bring in positive journalism for enhancing the prestige of Yoga in general and India in particular (iv) generate such advertisements which will enrich the public with values (v) promote such public relations to build synergy of all Yoga Institutions in the country and abroad by promoting and highlighting the special contributions of different Yoga institutions and keeping neutrality towards the short-comings or weaknesses of the organizations, abstaining from unjustified criticisms marring the reputation of the institutions, but using constructive criticisms to enrich the functioning of the Yoga organizations, etc (vi) creation and abolition of posts in the Standing Public Relations and Publicity Committee and (vii) any other purpose that may be necessary.
- The Executive Council may by resolution delegate such administrative powers and financial allocation as it may think proper to the Director of Standing Public Relations and Publicity Committee as may be considered necessary.
- The Standing Public Relations and Publicity Committee will prepare its budget for the year, keep proper accounts of receipts and payments as also income and expenditure and submit to the Finance Committee for approval and ratification whenever necessary.
- The Standing Public Relations and Publicity Committee may raise donations or grants or sponsorships to augment the funds allotted by the Executive Council every year to meet the demands of the Standing Public Relations and Publicity of the
- Association and such donations or grants or sponsorships raised by the Standing Public Relations and Publicity Committee will be allotted exclusively to the Public Relations and Publicity Committee by the Executive council.
- The Standing Public Relations and Publicity Committee shall have the powers to revise, reframe, amend or repeal the Public Relations and Publicity of the Association to be ratified by the Executive Council of the Association.
- The Standing Public Relations and Publicity Committee may appoint sub-committees in different places for specific purpose and with such powers as may be specified by it.
- Nothing in these rules shall prevent the Director from exercising any or all the powers of the Standing Public Relations and Publicity Committee in case of emergency for the furtherance of the Public Relations and Publicity of the Indian Yoga Association and the action taken by the Director on such occasions shall be reported to the Standing Public Relations and Publicity Committee subsequently for ratification.
POWERS OF THE STANDING PUBLIC RELATIONS AND PUBLICITY COMMITTEE
PROCEEDINGS OF THE STANDING PUBLIC RELATIONS AND PUBLICITY COMMITTEE
- The Standing Public Relations and Publicity Committee shall meet as often as may be considered necessary by the Director for the transaction of the business of Public Relations and Publicity matters of the Association but shall meet at least once a year. The Director will Chair all such meetings.
- Every notice calling for a meeting of the Standing Public Relations and Publicity Committee shall state the date, time and place at which such meetings will be held and shall be served upon every member of the Standing Public Relations and Publicity Committee not less than 14 clear days in case of ordinary meeting and not less than 7 clear days in the case of extraordinary meeting before the date of meeting under a Certificate of Posting if sent by post or telegram.
- The agenda shall also be sent along with the notice of the meeting and where it is not possible, the agenda shall be sent at least 7 days before the ordinary meeting and 5 days before the extraordinary meeting under certificate of Posting if sent by post.
- The Convener shall send notice of meeting of the Standing Public Relations and Publicity Committee to all its members.
- The accidental omission to give notice or the non-receipt of the notice by any member shall however, not invalidate the proceedings of the meeting.
- The convener will also record the minutes of the meeting and keep all the necessary records for implementation.
- One third of the members of the Standing Public Relations and Publicity Committee present in person shall constitute the quorum at any meeting of the Standing Public Relations and Publicity Committee.
- In case a meeting is adjourned for want of quorum, there shall be no quorum for the adjourned meeting.
- All disputed questions at meetings of the Standing Public Relations and Publicity Committee shall be determined by votes and the opinion of the majority shall prevail. Each member of the Standing Public Relations and Publicity Committee shall have one vote and in case of equality of votes, the Director shall have a casting vote.
- Any business which it may be necessary for the Standing Publication Committee to perform, may be performed by way of a resolution in writing circulated amongst all its members and any such resolution so circulated and approved by majority of members entitled to vote at a meeting of Standing Public Relations and Publicity Committee shall be as effectual and binding as if such a resolution had been passed in a meeting of the Standing Publication Committee provided at least 3 members of the Committee have given their approval to the resolution.
- The Director shall have the right to adjourn any meeting.
- A decision given by the Director of the meeting on a point of order raised by a member shall be final.
- All proceedings of the meetings of the Standing Public Relations and Publicity Committee shall be entered in a Minute Book to be maintained by the Convener for the purpose and the Director at the next meeting shall sign all minutes after the same is duly confirmed by majority of the other members.