About – Indian Yoga Association
Indian Yoga Association (IYA)
Indian Yoga Association – A self-regulatory Body of Yoga Organizations
Indian Yoga Association is a registered society, Registered Under the Society Registration Act of 1860 bearing Registration No: Sl/63761/2008 , Dated on 31st October, 2008 with Registered address: 68, Ashoka Road, New Delhi – 110001, India
IYA is a 80G 12A organisation under Income Tax Act,1961 section 12AA read with section 12A and 80G(5)(vi). This would entitle all donations to IYA 50% tax exemption on taxable income.
Pujya Gurudev Sri Sri Ravishankar is the Chairman of the Governing Council and Guruji Dr HR Nagendra is the President. Founded under the legendary Yogi Padma Vibhushan Late Dr BKS Iyengar ji,
IYA is a maiden attempt to unite all yoga paramparas in a common cause. Indian Yoga Association is committed to promotion and advancement of Yoga and its applications around the world and industry-cum-self-regulatory body to facilitate activities of member institutions
What is IYA ?
- Promotion and advancement of Yoga and its applications.
- Maintaining and promoting the different Indian Yoga traditions.
- To provide extensive research facilities for carrying out fundamental and clinical research in the discipline of Yoga and its applications keeping in view the socio-economic needs of all sections of the society.
- To hold Conferences, Seminars, Workshops, Camps and Public meetings to propagate information and knowledge of Yoga, its various techniques and practice in various parts of India as well as abroad.
- Accreditation and affiliation of Yoga Institutions including Prescribing of basic requirements for affiliation of Yoga Institutions.
- To bring certain amount of self discipline in the operations of the Yoga Institutions
- To conduct experiments and research on emerging trends in Yoga.
- To develop techniques and approaches based on the Ancient Yoga Texts and Granthas of Yoga to meet the challenges of the modern era.
- Development and dissemination of new approaches to the practice, teaching and research of yoga.
- To prescribe different courses for imparting education and training in Yoga; to prescribe syllabus and curriculum for various Yoga education, therapy and training courses and programmes; also to prescribe guidelines to carry out research in Yoga and its applications at various levels.