Healthcare Sector Skill Council (HSSC) is a non-statutory certification body, registered under the Societies Registration Act 1860 as a “not-for profit” organization created by National Skill Development Corporation (NSDC), Confederation of Indian Industry (CII) and leading healthcare service providers representing both public and private sector in the country. The key objective of the Council is to create ecosystem for quality vocational education and skill development in allied health in the country.
What are the benefits to the IYA Member Institutions?
- Become empaneled as Yoga Therapy Skilling Center under the MSDE, GoI to conduct Yoga Therapy Skilling programs
- Students fees maybe sponsored by GoI once programes approved under Prime Minister Kaushal Vikas Yojna
What are the benefits to members from your institutions?
- All your members / students can register for the Skill Development programs
- Student’s fees maybe sponsored once the Yoga Therapy Skilling programs are approved under PMKVY
What is IYA role?
- Facilitation; IYA will help approve your centers as Skilling Centers
- IYA will arrange for Master Trainers Programmes, Training Programs, Curriculum Development, Publications of Skilling books, etc
What are the select locations?
- Any center in India
What are the prerequisites to participate as IYA Member Institution?
- Any MI involved in Yoga Teaching, Training and Therapy qualifies
- Hall with about 300 sft area or more for yoga practices and theory classes
- Toilets for male and female students for kriya practices
- Internet Connectivity
- Video Conference Facility
What is the next step?
1. Attitude of Service
Service is a yogic vehicle which can help accelerate our growth. Please note that we should bring in an attitude of service, a seva bhava. With this in mind, the Project Directors should try and conserve resources, including financial resources. An order of precedence to utilize resources could be:
- Free resources or resources made available freely by IYA friend and well-wishers.
- Part-time resources which may be used if not for the entire day, then for a period of time daily, weekly or monthly without any cost to the organization.
- Paid services
- Costs which may be reimbursed: For those mandated to raise bills for IYA, it is advised that clear accounts books are maintained
2. Dos and Don’ts for IYA workers
A – Dos:
- Should lead a Yoga way of life;
- Should consult local committee for any decisions that may effect the traditions of IYA
- Should present already-available, documented evidence of yoga research while making public statements; while making public and press presentations and announcements, it is suggested to back check with IYA Head Office for quality of content and concept
- Be positivea bout all Yoga schools, Paramparas and Institutions.
B – Don’ts:
- Should not criticize or enter into debate about any school of yoga
- Should not glorify IYA or personalities of IYA without documented proof
- Should not glorify yoga or other systems of philosophies without documented proof
4. Who is eligible?
IYA would prefer this order of precedence for selection of Project Staff for implementation IYA vision and mission
- Expenses incurred by people who offer their valuable time and resources may be directly billed to IYA and reimbursed
- Full Time Workers: Will be directly on the payroll of IYA. Such workers will be given specific deliverables and are accountable directly to IYA through the Project Directors.
- Part Time Workers: Will be recruited on a contractual basis.
- Incentivized Workers: Such workers may be given jobs where target-specific objectives will be set. Sooner such targets are met, higher will be the take home
We are looking for a Project Director for this Project
- Qualifications: Prior experience in such projects
- Remuneration: Not a constraint for the right candidate
- Deliverables: Should make project sustainable; must develop a team