Standing Legal And Standards Committee
The Standing Legal Committee shall consist of the following officials:
|S. No||Office bearers & Members||No.|
|1.||Director (preferably with law background)||01|
|2-3.||G.B. Members (Nominated by GC)||02|
|4.||An Expert member from the field nominated by Director||01|
|5.||One of the Joint Secretaries – Member-Secretary||01|
Shri Haresh Trivedi – Director, Standing Legal & Standards Committee
All proposals relating to the preparation and amendment of the Constitution of IYA, its Rules & Regulations and Bye-laws seeking legal advice and to oversee the process of initiating, developing, reviewing and approving all standards developed, shall be referred to the Standing Legal and Standards Committee, which shall consider them and make its recommendation thereon to the Executive Council.
Powers of Standing Legal And Standards Committee
- The Standing Legal and Standards Committee shall have the power to prepare/amend the MoA, Rules and Regulations and Bye-laws of IYA with legal point of view.
- The Standing Legal and Standards Committee shall have authority to do and exercise all the powers, acts and deeds for defending the court cases pertaining to the IYA and recommending suing the persons doing wrong or creating hurdles unnecessarily for the growth of the activities of the IYA, as set forth in the Memorandum of Association.
- The Standing Legal and Standards Committee can recommend to the Executive Council to make such changes in bye-laws of the Association as they shall think essential for the regulation of the legal aspects of the Association.
- The Standing Legal and Standards Committee shall receive the appeals submitted by the members or general public to give appropriate legal view to the Executive Council/General Body.
- The legal questions submitted to it by the Executive Council/General Body or any of the council/body/committee shall be suitably handled legally.
- The Standing Legal and Standards Committee shall have the power to initiate, develop, review and approve all the standards developed in the Yoga Literature, Yoga postures and other Yogic activities.
- The Standing Legal and Standards Committee shall have authority to do and exercise all the powers, acts and deeds for maintaining standards and quality in the Yogic practices and to recommend, as set forth in the Memorandum of Association.
- The Standing Legal and Standards Committee can recommend to the Executive Council to make such changes in the Yoga syllabus, booklets etc. as they shall think essential for their regulation.
- The Standing Legal and Standards Committee shall be responsible for initiating and facilitating the development of standards including technical standards, Conventions, Rules, Guidelines and best Yoga practices providing review and comment on standards that are relevant to Yogic theory and practice; educating the Yoga community about the value and role of Yogic standards; and partnering with related information on standards of mutual concern and interest.
- The Executive Council may by resolution delegate such administrative powers and financial allocation as it may think proper to the Director of Standing Legal and Standards Committee as may be considered necessary.
- The Standing Legal and Standards Committee will prepare its budget for the year, keep proper accounts of receipts and payments as also income and expenditure and submit to the Finance Committee for approval and ratification whenever necessary.
- The Standing Legal and Standards Committee may raise donations or grants to augment the funds allotted by the Executive Council every year to meet its demands and such donations or grants raised by the Standing Legal and Standards committee will be allotted exclusively to the Standing Legal and Standards Committee by the Executive Council.
Proceedings of Standing Legal And Standards Committee
- The Standing Legal and Standards Committee shall meet as often as may be considered necessary by the Director for the transaction of the business of research matters of the Association but shall meet at least twice a year. The Director will Chair all the meetings of the Standing Legal and Standards Committee.
- Every notice calling for a meeting of the Standing Legal and Standards Committee shall state the date, time and place at which such meetings will be held and shall be served upon every member of the Standing Legal and Standards Committee not less than 10 clear days in case of ordinary meeting and not less than 7 clear days in the case of extraordinary meeting before the date of meeting by post or E – mail.
- The agenda shall also be sent along with the notice of the meeting and where it is not possible, the agenda shall be sent at least 7 days before the ordinary meeting and 5 days before the extraordinary meeting by post or E.mail.
- The Member-Secretary shall send notice of meeting of the Standing Legal and Standards Committee to all the members of the Standing Legal Committee.
- The accidental omission to give notice or the non-receipt of the notice by any member shall however, not invalidate the proceedings of the meeting.
- All proceedings of the meetings of the Standing Legal and Standards Committee shall be entered in a Minute Book to be maintained by the Member-Secretary for the purpose and the Director at the next meeting shall sign all minutes after the same is duly confirmed by majority of the other members.
- All disputed questions at meetings of the Standing Legal and Standards Committee shall be determined by votes and the opinion of the majority shall prevail. Each member of the Standing Legal and Standards Committee shall have one vote and in case of equality of votes, the Director chairing the session shall have a casting vote.
- Any business which it may be necessary for the Standing Legal and Standards Committee to perform, may be performed by way of a resolution in writing circulated among all its members and any such resolution so circulated and approved by majority of members entitled to vote at a meeting of Standing Legal and Standards Committee shall be as effectual and binding as if such a resolution had been passed in a meeting of the Standing Legal and Standards Committee provided that at least 3 members of the Standing Legal and Standards Committee have given their approval to the resolution.
- The Director shall have the right to adjourn any meeting.
- A decision given by the Director of the meeting on a point of order raised by a member shall be final.