M. Com. (Advanced Accounting and Costing),
D.M.S. (Diploma in Management Studies)
Ph. D. (Philosophy)
D. N. (Diploma in Naturopathy)
D. Y. Ed. (Diploma in Yoga Education)
M.Y.S.C. (Madhyama Yoga Siksha Certificate)
Specialist Instructor in First-aid and Home Nursing.
Dr. Rao is a highly acclaimed and inspiring name (one of the 100 most inspiring Yoga Teachers in India! Ref: Hellomyyoga.com) in the field of Yoga having conducted all over the world till date more than 20000 sessions in Yoga (including specialist Workshops, presentation of Papers in National and International Conferences, Counseling & Therapy sessions, etc.) covering all its aspects, theoretical and practical.
Dr. Rao has authored and co-edited several books besides publishing innumerable Articles in Newspapers / Journals and has recorded CDs for Yoga Nidra and Panchakosha Dharana, Yogic Counseling, Patanjali’s Yoga Sutras and Samkhya Philosophy.
1.“The ‘Zen’ith of Football”; 2. “A Matter of Perspective (An Account of a Strange Outsider)” 3. “Meditation in Yoga” (in “Meditation: Oriental and Occidental”)
1. “Universal Brotherhood Through Yoga”; 2. “Essentials of Yoga”.
- Professor & Ph. D. Guide in Yoga & Philosophy (8 students have received Ph.D. under Dr. Rao) in KKKSU & Mumbai University.
- Technical Expert for Yoga Certification Board (YCB).
- Ex-Secretary of Certification Committee and Technical Expert (Yoga) with QCI (for all matters pertaining to Yoga and Yoga Audit of Pr. CBs and Yoga Schools).
- Member of Selection Panel with ICCR (Indian Council of Cultural Relations).
- Member of Board of Studies of Kaivalyadhama & Sri Sri University, Bubhaneshwar.
- Visiting Faculty in K. J. Somaiya Institute, Mumbai University, Kaivalyadhama (Mumbai and Lonavla), CDM (College of Defense Management, Secunderabad), Yoga alliance (USA), Sri Sri University, Bubhaneshwar and ITM (for Western Philosophy).
Dr. Rao resigned as Finance Executive from Tata Motors Ltd. after a distinguished service spanning two decades.
Dr. Rao has carved a niche for himself in the field of Sports. With a rare combination of extreme physical fitness and exquisite skill, he has excelled as a professional soccer player for more than 17 years at the National level representing reputed teams like Tata Sports club, Air-India, Orkay Silk Mills Pvt. Ltd. and others. He has represented Maharashtra State Football Team in National Championships for six years and was part of the National Camp for Selection of Indian Team for Asian Games, 1982. Dr. Rao was honored by Tata Sports Club with the Special Award for Contribution to the Cause of Sports for the year 2003-04. He has coached Maharashtra State Teams, Mumbai University Teams, Maharashtra State Police Football Team, Mumbai Port Trust Football Team and others. As Chief Football Coach of PDP Sports Complex, Mumbai for 20 years (1991 – 2010), he has coached / trained more than 5000 players of all age groups!
Passion : Dr. Rao continues to be a regular high-altitude trekker in the Himalayas and Sahyadri mountains since past 25 years.