The Light on Yoga Research Trust (LOYRT)
In the year 1978, soon after the devoted students of Bellur Krishnamachar Sundararaja Iyengar BKS Iyengar celebrated his 60th birthday, there was a general consensus that it was time to form an organisation to propagate the work of Yogacharya BKS Iyengar in a systematic manner. His book LIGHT ON YOGA was already being referred to as the Bible of yoga. It was then that some of his students from Mumbai including, Shri. Madhusudan Tijoriwala and Shri.Barzo Taraporewala, both lawyers by profession, formed the Light on Yoga Research Trust whose objective is to teach, propagate and conduct scientific research in the field of yoga. The trust was named THE LIGHT ON YOGA RESEARCH TRUST after the book of the similar name.
The primary objects of the Light on Yoga Research Trust are:
- To organise, sponsor, promote, establish or conduct scientific research in Yoga in any way or by any means whatsoever.
- To establish a centre or centres for scientific research in Yoga in such of its branches of knowledge as in the Opinion of the Trustees would promote the welfare of India and the world.
- To desseminate knowledge and provide training in the aforesaid fields.
- To encourage and assist research scholars practitioners and teachers in Yoga in the aforesaid fields.
The Trust has been working towards these objectives since its inception. Here is a brief note about its current activities:
- The Trust has always been involved in experience based research.
- For the past 10 years, the Trust had been involved in evidence based research. We have done studies mainly with patients with Parkinson’s Disease studying their quality of life, gait and monitored them over two years. The work has been presented at the Asia Oceana Neuro Science conference where it was adjudged as one of the six best papers; as well as the accepted at the World NeuroRehabiliation Conference.
For any enquiries, please contact :
Light on Yoga Research Trust(LOYRT),
Elmac House, 126 Senapati Bapat Marg, Lower Parel,
Mumbai – 400013, Maharashtra.
Telephone: +91-22-2494 8416
E-mail: [email protected]
Note: (Content on this page is provided by our partners and is reproduced as is. IYA is not responsible for the authenticity / claims of the content)