Standing Accreditation Ccommittee
Standing accreditation committee
- Director: To be unanimously selected (failing thereby to be elected) by the Executive Council amongst the Members of the Executive Council.
- Members – 6
- (a) Nominated Members (3): Nominated by the Executive Council amongst the Members of the General Body having rich experience in accreditation work.
- (b) Co-opted Members (2): The Director of the Standing Accreditation Committee may co-opt maximum two experts, if necessary and it has to be ratified by the Executive Council.
- (c) Ex-officio Member (1): The Secretary or Joint Secretary of the Association.
- Convener: Convener is a full time professional with expertise in the relevant field of the Committee to be selected by Selection Committee Chaired by the Director and same may be approved by the Executive Council and he will have no right for casting a Vote.
- All proposals relating to Accreditation objectives of the Association shall be referred to the Standing Accreditation Committee, which shall consider them and make its recommendation thereon to the Executive Council.
- Term of Office of nominated members of Committees shall be co-terminus with the term of the Executive Council but shall not exceed three years. An outgoing member shall be eligible for re-nomination. No proceedings of any Committees shall be invalid for the reason of lack of nomination/vacancy in the Committee.
6.2 POWERS OF STANDING ACCREDITATION COMMITTEE
The Standing Accreditation Committee shall have
- General control of the Accreditation aspects of the Association and shall have authority to do, exercise and perform all the acts and deeds for the planning, formulation and processes of Accreditation of the Association, and its branches whether within or outside India consistent with the aim and objectives of the Association, as set forth in the Memorandum of Association.
- The Standing Accreditation Committee will make arrangements for the inspection and assessment of Individuals and Institutions which have applied for accreditation; and also Institutions applied for Center(s) of Excellence will make recommendations to the Executive Council for approving of the Institutions.
- The Committee is also empowered to recommend to the Executive Council to make such changes in the bye-laws of the Association as they shall think essential for the regulation of the Accreditation dimensions of the Association and in particular with reference to (i) the formulation of Accreditation Criteria for approving the Yoga Institutions, different short and long term courses and Individuals for practice of Yoga therapy (ii) the preparation of booklets delineating the entire process of accreditation which can be updated as and when needed and found essential for improving he accreditation process (iii) developing accreditation criteria for training of persons for inspection of Yoga institutions and issuing Licenses (iv) the fixation of fees for accreditation of Yoga Institutions including colleges and Universities, hospitals, Individuals (v) formulation of fees for non-voting members (vi) development of criteria for unearthing of great Yoga Masters with accomplished achievements and (vii) any other purpose that may be necessary.
iv. The Executive Council may by resolution delegate such administrative powers and financial allocation as it may think proper to the Director of Accreditation Committee as may be considered necessary.
- The Standing Accreditation Committee will prepare its budget for the year, keep proper accounts of receipts and payments as also income and expenditure and submit to the Finance Committee for approval and ratification whenever necessary.
- The Standing Accreditation Committee may raise donations or grants to augment the funds allotted by the Executive Council every year to meet the demands of the accreditation aspects of the Association and such donations or grants raised by the Standing Accreditation committee will be allotted exclusively to the Standing Accreditation Committee by the Executive council.
- The Standing Accreditation Committee shall have the powers to revise, reframe, amend or repeal the Accreditation booklet of the Association to be ratified by the Executive Council of the Association.
- The Standing Accreditation Committee may appoint licensed personnel and/or teams for carrying out the Inspection process for accreditation as also the needed office set up for receiving all applications for accreditation and processing the same systematically with highest efficiency.
- Nothing in these rules shall prevent the Director from exercising any or all the powers of the Standing Accreditation Committee in case of emergency for the furtherance of the accreditation aspects of the Indian Yoga Association and the action taken by the Director on such occasions shall be reported to the Standing Accreditation Committee subsequently for ratification.
6.3 PROCEEDINGS OF STANDING ACCREDITATION COMMITTEE
- The Standing Accreditation Committee shall meet as often as may be considered necessary by the Director for the transaction of the business of the matters pertaining to accreditation but shall meet at least once a year. The Director will Chair all such meetings.
- Every notice calling for a meeting of the Standing Accreditation Committee shall state the date, time and place at which such meetings will be held and shall be served upon every member of the Standing Accreditation Committee not less than 14 clear days in case of ordinary meeting and not less than 7 clear days in the case of extraordinary meeting before the date of meeting under a Certificate of Posting if sent by post or telegram.
- The agenda shall also be sent along with the notice of the meeting and where it is not possible, agenda shall be sent at least 7 days before ordinary meeting and 5 days before extra-ordinary meeting under certificate of Posting if sent by post.
- The Convener shall send notice of meeting of the Standing Accreditation Committee to all the members of the Standing Accreditation Committee.
- The accidental omission to give notice or the non-receipt of
the notice by any member shall however, not invalidate the proceedings of the meeting. The convener will also record the minutes of the meeting and keep all the necessary records for implementation.
- One third of the members of the Accreditation Committee present in person shall constitute the quorum at any meeting of the Standing Accreditation Committee. In case a meeting is adjourned for want of quorum, there shall be no quorum for the adjourned meeting.
- All disputed questions at meetings of the Standing Accreditation Committee shall be determined by votes and the opinion of the majority shall prevail. Each member of the Accreditation Committee shall have one vote and in case of equality of votes, the Director chairing the session shall have a casting vote.
- Any business which it may be necessary for the Standing Accreditation Committee to perform, may be performed by way of a resolution in writing circulated amongst all its members and any such resolution so circulated and approved by majority of members entitled to vote at a meeting of Standing Accreditation Committee shall be as effectual and binding as if such a resolution had been passed in a meeting of the Committee provided at least 3 members of the Committee have given their approval to the resolution.
ix. The Director shall have the right to adjourn any meeting.
- A decision given by the Director of the meeting on a point of order raised by a member shall be final.
- All proceedings of the meetings of the Standing Accreditation Committee shall be entered in a Minute Book to be maintained by the Convener for the purpose and the Director at the next meeting shall sign all minutes after the same is duly confirmed by majority of the other members.