There shall be a Standing Academic Committee of the Association consisting of the following:
- Director: To be unanimously selected (failing thereby to be elected) by the Executive Council amongst the Members of the Executive Council.
- Members – 6
- Nominated Members (3): Nominated by the Executive Council amongst the Members of the General Body having rich Academic back ground.
- Co-opted Members (2): The Director of the Standing Academic Committee may co-opt maximum two academicians, if necessary, which has to be ratified in the executive council.
- Ex-officio Member (1): The Secretary or Joint Secretary of the Association.
- Convener: Convener is a full time professional with expertise in the relevant field of the Committee to be selected by Selection Committee chaired by the Director and the same may be approved by the Executive Council and he will have no right for casting a Vote.
- All proposals relating to academic objects of the Association shall be referred to the Standing Academic Committee, which shall consider them and make its recommendation thereon to the Executive Council.
- Term of Office of nominated members of Committees shall be co-terminus with the term of the Executive Council but shall
- not exceed three years. An outgoing member shall be eligible for re-nomination. No proceedings of any Committees shall be invalid for the reason of lack of nomination/vacancy in the Committee.
POWERS OF THE STANDING ACADEMIC COMMITTEE
- The Standing Academic Committee shall have general control of the Academic affairs of the Association and shall have authority to do, exercise and perform all the powers, acts and deeds for the planning, establishment and running Academic affairs of the Association, and its branches within India consistent with the aim and objectives of the Association, as set forth in the Memorandum of Association.
- The Standing Academic Committee can recommend to the Executive Council to make such changes in the bye-laws of the Association as they shall think essential for the regulation of the academic affairs of the Association and in particular with reference to (i) the formulation of different short and long term courses (ii) the preparation of scheme and syllabus (iii) preparation of course material (iv) the formulation of course delivery system, (v) eligibility criteria for selection of Yoga teachers for effective implementation of the course delivery (vi) creation and abolition of posts and (vii) any other purpose that may be necessary.
- The Executive Council may by resolution delegate such administrative powers and financial allocation as it may think proper to the Director of Standing Academic Committee as may be considered necessary.
- The Standing Academic Committee may raise donations or grants to augment the funds allotted by the Executive Council every year to meet the demands of the academic affairs of the
- Association and such donations or grants raised by the Standing Academic Committee will be allotted exclusively to the Standing Academic Committee by the Executive council.
- The Standing Academic Committee will prepare its budget for the year, keep proper accounts of receipts and payments as also income and expenditure and submit to the Finance Committee for approval and ratification whenever necessary.
- The Standing Academic Committee shall have the powers to revise, reframe, amend or repeal the academic affairs of the Association to be ratified by the Executive Council of the Association.
- The Standing Academic Committee may appoint sub-committees for specific purpose and with such powers as may be specified by it.
- Nothing in these rules shall prevent the Director from exercising any or all the powers of the Academic Committee in case of emergency for the furtherance of the academic Affairs of the Indian Yoga Association and the action taken by the Director on such occasions shall be reported to the Academic Committee subsequently for ratification.
PROCEEDINGS OF THE STANDING ACADEMIC COMMITTEE
The Standing Academic Committee shall meet as often as may be considered necessary by the Director for the transaction of the business of Academic matters of the Association but shall meet at least once a year. The Director will Chair all such meetings.
- Every notice calling for a meeting of the Standing Academic Committee shall state the date, time and place at which such meetings will be held and shall be served upon every member of the Standing Academic Committee not less than 14 clear days in case of ordinary meeting and not less than 7 clear days in the case of extraordinary meeting before the date of meeting under Certificate of Posting if sent by post or E- mail.
- The agenda shall also be sent along with the notice of the meeting and where it is not possible, the agenda shall be sent at least 7 days before the ordinary meeting and 5 days before the extraordinary meeting under certificate of Posting if sent by post.
- The Convener shall send notice of meeting of the Standing Academic Committee to all the members of the Standing Academic Committee.
- The accidental omission to give notice or the non-receipt of the notice by any member shall however, not invalidate the proceedings of the meeting.
- The convener will also record the minutes of the meeting and keep all the necessary records for implementation. One third of the members of the Standing Academic Committee present in person shall constitute the quorum at any meeting of the Standing Academic Committee.
- In case a meeting is adjourned for want of quorum, there shall be no quorum for the adjourned meeting.
- All disputed questions at meetings of the Standing Academic Committee shall be determined by votes and the opinion of the majority shall prevail. Each member of the Standing Academic Committee shall have one vote and in case of equality of votes, the Director chairing the session shall have a casting vote.
- Any business which it may be necessary for the Standing Academic Committee to perform, may be performed by way of a resolution in writing circulated amongst all its members and any such resolution so circulated and approved by majority of members entitled to vote at a meeting of Standing Academic Committee shall be as effectual and binding as if such a resolution had been passed in a meeting of the Committee provided at least 3 members of the Committee have given their approval to the resolution.
- The Director shall have the right to adjourn any meeting.
- A decision given by the Director of the meeting on a point of order raised by a member shall be final.
- All proceedings of the meetings of the Standing Academic Committee shall be entered in a Minute Book to be maintained by the Convener for the purpose and the Director at the next meeting shall sign all minutes after the same is duly confirmed by majority of the other members.