Project ‘Life’ was founded to offer help, assistance and counseling to the underprivileged.
Founded in 1978 as a blood-bank, today Project ‘Life’ has grown to cover a range of activities. They include drastically improving the education ecosystem, operating a large, NABH (National Accreditation Board for Hospitals & Healthcare Providers) & AABB (American Association of Blood Banks, USA) accredited blood bank, driving women empowerment programs Gujarat, nurturing a better environment for the planet, bridging the gap between the resident and the global Gujaratis and helping people stay fit and healthy with Yoga training and research.
For better management and increased transparency, each activity is hived off into separate divisions.
Our programs positively impact the lives of the beneficiaries of our interventions and help them rediscover their self-dignity. Our reach engages the civic society to better participate in the noble endeavor of reducing the gap between the fortunate and the not-so-fortunate.
We work with like-minded individuals, donors, corporates, government departments and other NGOs to optimize the collective efforts.
The Vision and Mission of the organization:
Vision: To build a healthy nation.
Mission: Promote and implement traditional Yogic science in modern time through Science of Living & Community Outreach Programme to bring about wellness and harmony for human beings.
- · 579,403 number of people benefitted.
- 6585 prisoners from 22 jails of Gujarat have been benefitted.
- 700 Yoga Shibirs conducted.
- 42 Lectures under the lecture series- “By-pass the Bypass” by Dr. Gautam Dave, M.D.
- 209 Lectures under the lecture series- “How Not to Fall Sick?” by Dr. Kamal Parikh, M.D.
- 500 Yoga demonstrations at various schools.
- We have prepared 21 Research Papers/Posters on Yoga and related subjects and presented in national and international conferences and seminars.
- Celebrated International Day of Yoga with various Yoga activities since its inception in 2015 with collaboration of Central Council of Research in Yoga & Naturopathy (CCRYN), an Autonomous Body under Ministry of AYUSH, Govt. of India.
- Daily around 510 Yoga participants practicing yoga at Project ‘Life’ headquarters.
- Varieties of 20 Yoga sessions daily including Healthy Life Club (Yoga Therapy Classes), Obesity Unit, Meditation Unit, Shat-Karma Unit, Basic Yoga Unit, Ashtanga Yoga Unit, Vinyasa Yoga Unit, Advance and Power Yoga Unit, Yoga for Pregnant Women including pre & post pregnancy, Yoga for kids, Diet Consultation, Women Yoga Unit and Senior Citizen Club.
- We are affiliated to Kaivalyadhama, Lonavla (Website: www.kdham.com), Estd. In 1924, where Yoga tradition and science meet together under whose aegis we have started academic courses of Teacher’s Training Course (TTC) since 2015 .Trained over 75 professional Yoga Teachers so far.
- We are also affiliated with Jain Vishva Bharati, Ladnun, Rajasthan.
- We are associated with Indian Yoga Association.
Note: (Content on this page is provided by our partners and is reproduced as is. IYA is not responsible for the authenticity / claims of the content)