Saurashtra Medical & Educational Charitable Trust (SMECT) is widely known as Project ‘Life’ Project ‘Life’ is an initiative which began in 1978 and with time, this journey has come very far in supporting, sustaining and enriching the lives of under-privileged people.
Project ‘Life’ is an initiative which began in 1978 and with time, this journey has come very far in supporting, sustaining and enriching the lives of under-privileged people. This worldwide acclaimed humanitarian organization is a result of relentless endeavor and dedicated services carried on for more than 40 years and it has reached millions of people and made an impact on their lives. Professional management and usage of efficient manpower, innovative ideas and financial resources helped in maintaining sustainability and empowering different interventions for a better performance towards the community. Our advancement in humanitarian services and noble lifesaving cause in these years has enabled us to gain recognition around the globe. Still we have miles to travel.
The Vision and Mission of the organization:
Vision: To support, sustain and enrich lives of people.
Mission: Project ‘Life’ inspires hope, contributes to health, well-being, education and livelihood of people by mobilizing power of volunteers and generosity of donors through humanitarian activities and implementation of sustainanble programmes.
Life Health & Wellness Centre (Estd. 2003)
Using the rich and ancient science of Yoga, we perceived the benefits and advantages which drive us to conduct a variety of activities related to yoga to engage people from all walks of life. In addition to regular training, health awareness programme, Yoga classes and lecture series are organized focusing on the prevention of poor health habits and strong commitment to change lifestyle effectively. We also have a joint collaboration with Kaivalyadhama – Lonavla, IYA – Indian Yoga Association, AYUSH and Jain Vishva Bharati Institute – Ladnun. Everyday 500 people takes benefit through 10 regular Yoga units and 21 sessions.
Vision: To build a healthy nation.
Mission: Promote & implement traditional Yogic science in modern time through Science of Living & Community Outreach Programe to bring about wellness & harmony for human beings.
- 579,403 number of people benefitted.
- 6585 prisoners from 22 jails of Gujarat have been benefitted.
- 700 Yoga Shibirs conducted.
- 42 Lectures under the lecture series- “By-pass the Bypass” by Dr. Gautam Dave, M.D.
- 209 Lectures under the lecture series- “How Not to Fall Sick?” by Dr. Kamal Parikh, M.D.
- 500 Yoga demonstrations at various schools.
- We have prepared 21 Research Papers/Posters on Yoga and related subjects and presented in national and international conferences and seminars.
- Celebrated International Day of Yoga with various Yoga activities since its inception in 2015 with collaboration of Central Council of Research in Yoga & Naturopathy (CCRYN), an Autonomous Body under Ministry of AYUSH, Govt. of India.
- Daily around 500 Yoga participants practicing yoga at Project ‘Life’ headquarters.
- Varieties of 20 Yoga sessions daily including Healthy Life Club (Yoga Therapy Classes), Obesity Unit, Meditation Unit, Shat-Karma Unit, Basic Yoga Unit, Ashtanga Yoga Unit, Vinyasa Yoga Unit, Advance and Power Yoga Unit, Yoga for Pregnant Women including pre & post pregnancy, Yoga for kids, Diet Consultation, Women Yoga Unit and Senior Citizen Club.
- We are affiliated to Kaivalyadhama, Lonavla (Website: www.kdham.com), Estd. In 1924, where Yoga tradition and science meet together under whose aegis we have started academic courses of Teacher’s Training Course (TTC) since 2015 .Trained over 75 professional Yoga Teachers so far.
- We are also affiliated with Jain Vishva Bharati, Ladnun, Rajasthan.
- We are associated with Indian Yoga Association.
Note: (Content on this page is provided by our partners and is reproduced as is. IYA is not responsible for the authenticity / claims of the content)